Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tool #7

Since 2008, I have the privilege of participating in both the Flat Classroom and NetGenEd global collaborative projects. It's amazing to see how students respond when working in teams with students across the globe.

One of my former students, Karla, won an award for her Flat Classroom video. Take a look:


I'd love to post some of the awesome videos that my students did in the 2011 NetGenEd project, but the site is undergoing maintenance right now and I can't access them :(.

This past fall I partnered with friend and colleague, Kim Clayton, to create a collaborative project for our Global Business classes. We utilized a Wikispace and a Ning to facilitate both communication and collaboration. For a first effort, I think we did pretty well. Take a look at the project Wikispace and let me know what you think! The Ning we created is private, so you won't be able to see it unless you request membership and we approve you. Here's a screen shot of the Ning home page.

Kim and I have already decided that we will collaborate again next year. We're considering expanding our collaborative efforts to include at least 2 other Global Business classes in the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment