Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tool #3

This tool taught me about video hosting and streaming. I loved Blinkx! The first thing I did was type in Guy Kawasaki (one of my very favorite business gurus) to see what videos of him would come up in the search...awesome! I can hardly wait to show this marketing video to my marketing students! In addition, a search for Peter Schwartz revealed more than 600 videos--many of them revolved around aspects of Global Business. I liked the Market Place of Ideas video (a lot). I think it will really cause my Global Business students to think of the possibilities...the endless possibilities available to them in the realm of International Business.

I have accounts with YouTube, TeacherTube, SchoolTube, Vimeo, and UStream. All of them have been useful in one way or another to facilitate the learning process in my classroom.

Here's another Guy Kawasaki video that I utilize with my Marketing Students when I teach them about Product/Service Management.






Regarding copywright and fair use: I utilize Wikispaces exstensively in my teaching...I mean EXTENSIVELY. I take the time to teach students about what they can and cannot use in the products they create and that they must always 'give credit where credit is due.' Wikispaces (by default) use Creative Commons Licensing. For examples of my class wikispaces, take a look at one of my Sports Marketing and Global Business wikis! I have one colleague in particular, Kim Clayton, with whom I share most all of my Wikspace content for her to utilize (and she reciprocates). It's fun and productive to collaborate electronically!

I created a Dropbox account about 18 months ago. It's a great way for me to share files with colleagues. It also is one way that students can 'turn in' files to me for grading! Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment