Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tool #6

So far, this is my favorite tool. I already utilize a number of the resources listed, like VoiceThread, Blogger, Google Docs, and PollEverywhere. I was, however, fascinated by WallWisher and CoverItLive.

See, this year I've been working to incorporate 'flipping' into my curriculum. I was introduced to the concept by Alan November this past fall and believe it to be a great way to get students more involved in their learning. I've been utilizing Scribblar and it's worked fairly well. I'm always on the hunt for resources that might be more efficient than Scribblar...

I think that WallWisher and CoverItLive just might fit the bill. I created a Wall for my Business Law class. I will incorporate it whenever we begin a new topic (week of 2/27). The students will read the content from their student text and then submit questions and comments onto the Wall. I will be able to see their comments and both respond immediately and incorporate that information into my overview (no need to cover information they already understand, right? That would be boring).

I created an event in CoverItLive for my Career Preparation class and embedded the event on our class Wikispace. While investigating the resource, I discovered that one of my Flat Classroom Colleagues, Anne Mirtschin, uses the resource in her classroom! I've contacted her for some more details; I'll let you know whenever I hear back!

In the meantime, I've scheduled a CoverItLive event for the week of February 27 for my Career Preparation class. One of the features is live gaming--I think I will set up a game to review them for their next test! My students love competition; it might get a little loud, but I know they'll be into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment